Sunday 16 December 2007

Shall I leave the hat on? No, don't answer that.


You have never seen a Christmas card as good as this one. I'll tell you why; I'm in it. Yep, GBC and Cubby. The Stirling Castle section of the VMCC apparently have a habit of sending personalised cards to entrants of their S&T regularity run. In mine, I'm hunched over the tank, front wheel just nudging the start line, and Big Rab next to me waving his flag. You can't see the rain dinging doon, and believe me, it was! It was a nice surprise to open it up and see Cubby there in all it's glory. Unfortunately, since then, I've removed the gearbox and clutch to try and trace / fix the strange knocking noise, and now the bike is sitting in the MZ shed looking rather sad and unloved. Still, Tuesday is the day for mixing concrete, providing the frost goes off...so then I'll have a Cubby shed to fix it in!

Due to circumstances outwith my control I missed the Toy Run today. I'm not a happy bunny as I bought a Santa hat especially for the occasion, and a couple of toys for the kids. But with the benefit of hindsight, it was -1 when I was getting the bike ready, and I guess the roads would have been a bit dicey between here and the big city. So I made good use of the day by trying to fix the headlight on the car (and failing), messing about with Cubby bits, catching sheep and trimming their feet, dishing hay and straw out to them, assessing the work that needs to be done to the bird table and finally, since 4pm, sorting the contents of my wardrobe. Just to put that last bit into some sort of perspective, I stopped for tea at 8pm, and I've still got piles of clothes that need to go somewhere! No matter how much I throw out (all to a good home; charity shops!) it never all goes back in without some left over. And before you lot start, it ain't all shoes. Oh but I found a fiver, how good is that!

I got an early Xmas pressie yesterday - which I was looking forward to wearing for the Toy Run today. Something to keep me warm and cosy on the bike - nope, not a Santa suit...thermals. Mrs GBC was going to buy me one of those windproof, thermal, sooperdooper special motorcycle tops, but they're quite pricey in the shops, so we were looking online but didn't find one that I liked. Then coincidentally, we were in Somerfield and saw they had a range of ski jackets - just thin thermal things, but they looked ideal for wearing under bike gear. They also had thermal under troos which Mrs GBC treated me to, as well as the jacket. So now I'm all thermalled up and nowhere to go...

PS, Tuesday was too frosty for concrete mixing, and I've been reprimanded by Jake & Gino from the Scottish classic club for not mentioning on here that they (well not them personally, but their club) invited me to their Christmas buffet, and what a wonderful time I had. It's true, I really did have a great time, even though the quiz team I was in only came third (that would be the team led by Jake...) even though I supplied them with a whole heap of correct answers. Tut tut. Thanks though guys, even the 3 hour drive each way didn't spoil the night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would have needed your new thermals had you made it to the toy run...... it was bloody freezing.

One guy binned his bike on ice on the way into town for it.

Anonymous said...

Looks as though the eye , what we can see of it , is OK now GBC

Mandy said...

Looking very festive chick xx

Mandy said...

Looking very festive chick :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you looking so fine Ms Chick. The mask does a fine job of concealing the keeker, and we'd have done a lot better if Mr Jake had listended to the voice of experience, and believed that a lobster has so many legs. Still would have been third though...;-)

Followers

Country Counter

free counters