Monday 10 November 2008

Hmmm.




Well I know I said it was cold, and trust me, it really was, but after catching the sheep and trimming their feet I was sufficiently acclimatised, so stayed out and attempted, once again, to fix Cubbie. A foray into the wiring loom several months back, resulted in spotting a load of bare wires, which I taped up, and am happy to say they were still all nicely insulated. But thats no help to me. I was looking for more bare wires. Couldn't find any, which I suppose is good, but I was hoping for a quick fix, something simple that I could just say, oh look, this wires rubbing on this bit of metal no wonder the lights make the battery go flat. Zilcho. So now all the wires are hanging aboot, and to make matters worse, I accidentally ripped a couple of them off of the coil so will have that to sort out next time too! Luckily, a club member has offered to take Cubbie away for a short break (ie fix it) if I can't make progress. So all is not lost, Cubbies Counties might yet go on!!!

What is lost though, is the battle with the hot water tank here at GBC Towers. Water, water everywhere.

Time to go and change the rags around it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly what species of bird made that nest?

Anonymous said...

Erm... OK... I take back my previous comments about a new loom not being a priority! ;-)

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

OI!! Nowt wrong wi' that wiring. Just looks a bit messy cos someone went and removed all the tape that binds it together....

Anonymous said...

"Tape that binds it all together" ...I would tend toward the use of shrink wrap. But that's just me.
Or maybe that's just a Harley thing.

:-)

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

Oh, mine was a bit of insulating tape, some cloth sort of tape stuff and a nice fancy bit of silver 'duck' tape.

Anonymous said...

If nothing else it must have been a colorful sight.
Is the intent to bring Cubbie back to factory spec, or just keep the thing as a reliable ride?

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

Just to get it back on the road! Got some things to try today and hints of what to look for....

Lindsay said...

Ah ha ha ha. He said reliable and Cubbie in the same sentence. I'm Sorry, I just burst out laughing when I read that. (off to clean coffee off the screen)

Followers

Country Counter

free counters