Saturday 15 November 2008

A new CC total!!






So there I was, at the last Grampian Classic MCC meeting, asking all the guys for hints and tips on how to fix Cubbie. Several of them offered to help, if I was really really stuck, and one of those kind chaps is called Jim. He's been feeding me snippets of information for the last couple of weeks, try this, try that, check here and there. Combine that with the advice from other Cub owners, Bantam Cub for one, and another guy called Jim, and my electrical guru, Norm, you'd think I would have been able to track the problem down by now. On Thursday, after looking inside the nacelle and checking the wires in the dip switch, I gave up. Not in a 'giving up' kind of way, just in a 'let's be sensible' kind of way. Club member Jim has drawn the short straw and Cubbie will be transported to his place next week for a full electrical check up. I feel really bad about that. But I'll be right there, by Cubbie's side, looking and learning. We'll get through this together. Jim reckons that he will soon have me back out on the roads, in the freezing cold, dark, wet and wintry weather. Oh, er, take your time there Jimbo! Having said all that, there is one more thing I need to try, so I'll do that Monday before I go to work. Which is where I was today, thought you'd like a couple of pics of where I went - Cullen, Portknockie and Findochty, right along the north east coast. Bit of a breeze a blowing, and no' a nice day for a picnic.

Soooooo on to the new Cubbies Counties total!! I have to say a very big BIG thank you to the Stirling Castle section of the Vintage Motorcycle club for sending me a very generous donation - thanks guys and girls, that boosts the total to £1539.30. I'm thinking that next time I have a daft idea of raising money for charity, I should just shave my beard off and wax my legs. People seem to raise £2000 in no time at all for doing stuff like that. Wimps. Pah. Rumour has it, the editor of Classic Dirt Bike (which featured my Bultaco a couple of issues ago), met someone called Charlie Boorman at the dirt bike show down south just recently. Wonder if he managed to get him to sponsor me, hehe. Well, as if by magic, I did acquire some more cash today, not from Mr B, but never mind. That takes the total up to 1579.30 now.

Off to the Scottish Vintage Vehicle Federation AGM tomorrow, up early and then the pleasure of Shorty's company when he gives me a lift to Perth. what a sweetie. Don't tell him I said that though. Life seems to be full of meetings lately, was at the UCAN charity meeting last week, sometime in early Dec I have to go to Perth for a refresher briefing in something. No idea what, perhaps someone can refresh my memory on that one. Then, deep joy, I have to trek all the way down to Glasgow for another refreshing meeting about the training course I attended in London a short while ago. I think it's Christmas after that....

Right, thankee kindly for reading, off to look for Shortie's books to take back to him....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May have been breezy, but a great view in the pictures.
So you don't fancy night rides in the winter? I should think they'd be great fun over there (winter rides here are a lot like summer rides, only not as hot).
Good luck with the electricals.

Anonymous said...

Uh, good luck on ya , Jim....

BigBob

Lindsay said...

Oh but darling, if you shave off your beard and wax your legs, nobody will be able to recognise you. (besides it's not really a beard, more like heavy duty peach fuzz)

Nice spot of corrosion you have there, in the pic of the back of the switch.

Anonymous said...

I think you need to spend some decent notes on that cub and really get it sorted oot. Seems like one problem after another.

Followers

Country Counter

free counters