Tuesday 5 April 2011

A trip to Inverness

Well, what a nice bunch of chaps. Just done a talk for the Highland Classic Motorcycle Club and VMCC Members, and jolly well it went too. After a day of admin duties and updating my slideshow, I arrived in Inverness in time to grab a pannini at Tescos - no other hot food is served after 6pm, and yes, I'm still rather peckish. Got along to their meeting in good time for the 8 o'clock start and sat quietly while Chairman Neil went through Club business. My turn came at around 9pm and I hope I didn't bore them all too much with tales of my first two years of Area Rep-ship. My favourite kind of talk is one where I ask a question and someone in the audience responds - exactly what Geoff, Burt, Neil, Andy-he of yet another bike purchase, and one or two others, I'm sorry I don't know all your names, did. It must have gone fairly well as I'm invited back - and I just had to go and say in my usual witty way that I'd only go back if at least one Highland Club member joined the VMCC - so two people then came up and hinted that they would possibly get around to filling in the form and joining the big happy gang that is the Vintage Motorcycle Club! Excellent, thanks guys, any questions etc, just give me a shout on cubbiescounties AT aultan.con but remember to change the AT to @ and remove the spaces. The Highland Classic Club organise the Loch Ness rally every year, an event worth doing for the scenery, good company and usually good weather. Thanks for the invite, be seeing you again sometime chaps.

No comments:

Followers

Country Counter

free counters